About Youth Ministry
First Baptist Church of Asheville offers a Student Ministry that seeks to be intentional, honest, and challenging to students from seventh grade through college. We exist to be life-giving to students by means of encouraging spiritual formation, fostering authentic community, and providing transformational experiences.
We seek to provide a student ministry that honors our key values. In doing so, we strive to be:
- Intentional: Through carefully and responsibly mapping out our ministry plans, we will make decisions that benefit and strengthen the entire group.
- Sustainable: By creating healthy structure and climate, we will create a healthy ministry that transcends the variability of life.
- Faithful: Believing that worshipping the triune God is the purpose of the church, we seek to be vigilant in our efforts to seek spiritual growth and maturity.
- Joyful: Following the scriptural command to rejoice in the Lord, we will choose to be celebrative when possible and joyful despite our circumstances.
- Tradition Based: Believing that traditions help create identity, we celebrate and honor the traditions of our Baptist heritage, our church, and our Student Ministry.
- Contemplative: In a noisy and stressed-out world, we commit to practice the presence of Christ in prayer by seeking solitude, silence, and reflection.
- Relational: Knowing that the best things in life come from our relationships, we dedicate ourselves to fostering genuine and heartfelt community.
- Service Oriented: We will seek to live out Jesus’ call to love our neighbors by living mercy and seeking justice, more specifically by participating in local, domestic, and international missions.
- Creative: Celebrating the creativity with which our God designed us, we will honor our gifts and talents in personal, worshipful expression.